Saturday, February 19, Pulaski County Special School District held the spring Saturday Seminar for all Novice teachers through the office of Human Resources. Novices heard from Dr. McNulty as he spoke about the importance of Culturally Responsive Teaching.
Novices then broke into groups and learned about the following concepts featured in The New Art and Science of Teaching by Robert Marzano.
Concepts discussed were :
- Using Strategies that appear in all types of Lessons
- Using Engagement Strategies
- Implementing Rules and Procedures
- Building Relationships
- Communicating High Expectations
- Ms. Lisa Byrum, Instructional Coach at Baker Elementary School
- Mr. Duane Clayton, Principal at Mills University Studies High School
- Ms. Lisa Smith, Assistant Principal at Crystal Hill Elementary School
- Dr. Kimberly Truslow, Principal at Oakbrooke Elementary School
View pictures from the event on the PCSSD Facebook page.