Pulaski County Special School District and the Student Nutrition Department care about Students and want every one of them to have an enjoyable experience at school. Our school district participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture and is held to a high standard of accountability, good nutrition and safety. 

Eating breakfast and lunch will enable students to be better prepared to learn in the classroom. Breakfasts and lunches are provided in all PCSSD school cafeterias. Students are encouraged to participate in these nutritionally balanced programs; however, students may choose to bring meals from home. Plan ahead for your student; be sure to have a plan for the method of feeding your student(s) each day of the year and make sure everyone in your family knows the plan for what to do about meals.

Cafeteria Managers by School

Baker ElementaryStephona Williams501-234-3103
Cato ElementaryKim McGhee501-234-5906
Chenal ElementarySherry Horsey501-234-3262
College Station ElementaryCrystal Hatter501-234-5056
Crystal Hill ElementaryShaune Taylor501-234-4159
Daisy Bates ElementaryAndre Palmer501-234-4761
Harris ElementaryMaryilynn Smith501-234-5607
Landmark ElementaryWrevea Williams501-234-4907
Lawson ElementaryDominique Davis501-234-3403
Oak Grove ElementarySharron Johnson501-234-4258
Oakbrooke ElementaryInez Matheson501-234-6204
Pine Forest ElementaryGail Kirkeby501-234-4404
Robinson ElementaryMichelle Oxford501-234-3576
Sherwood ElementaryLuAnn Pitt501-234-5756
Sylvan Hills ElementaryPatricia Robinson501-234-6355
William Jefferson Clinton ElementaryJanie Bowien501-234-6058
Maumelle MiddleDebra Kendrick501-234-4517
Mills MiddleRodney Bryson501-234-5260
Robinson MiddleAshley Tate501-234-3754
Sylvan Hills MiddleDebbie Bailey501-234-2770
Maumelle HighLou Arnold501-234-2660
Mills University Studies HighFekicia Smith501-234-5463
Robinson HighKim Heard501-234-3958
Sylvan Hills High NorthAmy Wilmoth501-234-6532
Sylvan Hills High MainApril Branstetter501-234-6565
Meal Modifications policy

A medical statement is required when a meal modification that is outside of the USDA Meal Pattern is requested, unless the school obtains written medical verification of the impairment during the IEP/504 Plan process. If a medical statement is needed please see your school nurse or cafeteria. 

The medical statement must include:

  • Information about the child’s physical or mental impairment that is sufficient to allow the school to understand how it restricts the child’s diet;
  • An explanation of what must be done to accommodate the child’s disability; 
  • The food or foods to be omitted and recommended alternatives, in the case of a modified meal.

NOTE: Some situations may require more information.
The medical statement must be signed by one of the following state-licensed healthcare professionals with prescriptive authority in Arkansas: physician, chiropractor, podiatrist, nurse practitioner, dentist, or physician assistant.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.


We must limit the occurrence of charging for meals to no more than three (3) charges to your student’s account.

It is the policy of Pulaski County Special School District to allow students to charge meals when money is unavailable and the student would otherwise have to miss meal service. This is a courtesy extended to the student and should not occur on a regular basis. Money owed to the district from meal charging will be carried over to the following year.

Further charging information can be found in your student handbook, or by calling Student Nutrition Administration office at 501.234.2300.

Nondiscrimination Statement for Arkansas Child Nutrition Programs:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1.  Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: program.intake@usda.govprogram.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.